People in this world can be greedy, temperamental, and hard to have a good relationship with. Many individuals believe their way is better and everybody else is wrong. Do you know someone who thinks that way? Does that describe anyone you know? Genuine inner joy comes from helping others. But how?
Below are twelve verses describing the giving of thanks for your reflection.
- When you offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the Lord, offer it of your own free will (Leviticus 22:29).
- Offer to God thanksgiving (Psalms 50:14).
- I will praise the name of God…and will magnify Him with thanksgiving (Psalms 69:30).
- Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving (Psalms 95:2).
- Enter into His gates with thanksgiving…for the Lord is good (Psalms 100:4,5).
- Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good (Psalms106:1).
- Let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving and declare His works with rejoicing (Psalms 107:22).
- Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving (Psalms 147:7).
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God (Philippians 4:6).
- Rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith…with thanksgiving (Colossians 2:7).
- Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving (Colossians 4:2).
- In everything give thanks (I Thessalonians 5:18).
As the Thanksgiving season approaches, why are you thankful? Life, salvation, spiritual growth, and good health are areas to give thanks. In addition, grandkids and great-grandkids are rewards for life’s longevity. Whatever your lot in life, if you look, there is something to express your gratitude.
The Lord is good. Good to each of us. Better than we deserve.
All scripture quotations are from the NKJV.